Written June 16, 2012.
Tagged #Advanced Custom Fields, #WordPress
Firstly, I would like to say “Happy Birthday Advanced Custom Fields” and “thank you” to everyone who has helped make ACF successful.
- 7 Fields
- Limited options
- No support
- No third party fields
- Limited location rules
- Fields only on posts
- No translations
- 15 Free Fields
- Heaps of field options
- Support forum with questions answered daily
- 2 premium fields
- 9+ User submitted fields
- Very flexible location rules
- Fields on posts / images / users / taxonomies / options page
- Translated in 5+ Languages
What started out as a little plugin with minimal functionality and a whole lot of bugs, is now a feature packed integral part of many WordPress builds across the world.
Why Do you use ACF?
I'd love to get some feedback (in the comments) as to why you use the Advanced Custom Fields plugin. I hope that you use ACF for the same reasons I do.
Powerful. Beautiful. Simple
I think the UI played a bit part in the success of this plugin. Sure it has a nice API and runs out of the box with minimal conflicts, but at the end of the day, it's nice to look at a nice interface.
- Everyone who has enjoyed using ACF
- Everyone who has submitted a bug report
- Everyone who has submitted a fix
- Everyone who has submitted a field type
- Everyone who has helped translate the plugin
- Everyone who has offered help on the support forum
- Everyone who has purchased an Add-on
- Everyone who tweeted me some kind words
- Everyone who gave me an idea for ACF
- Everyone else who has helped
If you haven't seen the to-do list, this would be a good time to check it out. The list is continuously growing and so many fantastic features & patches have been rolled out into versions.
As more WordPress plugins, features and themes are popping up, ACF will continue to grow. But rest assured, ACF will always focus on providing a great experience for both developers and clients with no exceptions.
It's going to be a great year. Thanks for your support, ACF wouldn't be the same without it.